We’ve had three very big weeks — and now to begin our big expansion, we are offering our free subscribers the biggest discount we've ever offered on a subscription. I also have a really important request for you.
That discount gets you everything: Our new Citizens’ Guide, our podcasts, our live events, and our exclusive content. This offer is good only for the next few days.
Now here's my request: Please use this big discount RIGHT NOW, because we are reader supported and we REALLY need your help.
You may have seen today's disheartening news about hedge funds taking over media outlets, which could result in more layoffs across the news industry.
We are doing things differently - The Daily Poster is independent and reader supported, which means we rely on YOU. When you subscribe, you will help us hire more reporters to expand the kind of work you’ve seen us do in just the few weeks since we launched our brand-new website. Look at just the last few weeks:
• We revealed that Billionaire Charles Koch has spent millions to end COVID-19 eviction moratoriums while his company has been investing in real estate.
• We broke the news that Denny’s shareholders were demanding the chain support paying people a full minimum wage, using The Daily Poster’s own coverage to bolster their arguments.
• We broke the scoop that the credit industry has tripled the amount of cash it’s funneling to lawmakers to block a bill designed to protect Americans from debt collector harassment.
• We detailed President Joe Biden’s extensive connections to the pharmaceutical industry, links that could complicate the administration’s promise to get COVID vaccines out to other countries.
• We uncovered the fact that health care giants Johnson & Johnson and Tenet Healthcare are lobbying on a bill designed to ensure the Sackler family is held accountable for their role in the opioid crisis.
No one else covered these stories. And we are just getting started — but as a reader-supported news outlet, we need you to use this one-of-a-kind discount and subscribe.
You might have gotten these requests from me before, but please understand — I hate asking folks to pitch in, but I also wouldn’t be sending this if it wasn’t important.
The truth is, we can’t keep doing this work, and we can’t implement our big plans for the future, unless our free subscribers pitch in. But here's the GOOD NEWS: If everyone does pitch in a little bit, we can build a whole newsroom holding politicians accountable every single day.
To encourage you to do so, please click here for our biggest discount ever off an annual subscription.
The final cost to you won’t be much more than a few cups of coffee — and in exchange you’ll get access to everything our new site has to offer, from exclusive content like our Midday Posters and Weekend Readers, our live chats, and our celebrated digital publication, The Citizens' Guide To Holding The Powerful Accountable.
Most importantly, you will help us keep building our bold new vision for accountability journalism. Please become part of our team.
Rock the boat,